Thursday, November 22, 2012

Eat Hearty, Stay Warm

It's looking a little frosty here on Thanksgiving morning, but we've got plenty of food and family to keep us warm. And this year I'm over at my group blog, waxing as poetic as I 'm able about on being thankful for the Simple Things. 

And trees. We are very thankful our new pines are coming on strong because trees are a precious commodity out here on the windblown plain. Except for the one my husband planted where it will block my view of Chief Mountain someday. That tree is not long for this world, or at least my back yard, because of all things I am thankful for, watching the sun rise and set over the Rocky Mountains is very close to the top of the list. 





*


2 comments:

Darlene Underdahl said...

I love it when everything goes hot pink. I look at the Sierras, to the west. I’ve found family members from the Midwest standing slack jawed in front of the windows in the early morning.

Anonymous said...

Darlene: Some day I'm going to have a webcam pointed at my mountains so you can all share my sunrises and sunsets.